|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|"Walking with a Ghost"|
|Single by Tegan and Sara|
|from the album So Jealous|
|A-side||"Walking with a Ghost"|
|B-side||"Love Type Thing"|
|Genre||Indie pop, New Wave, indie rock|
|Writer(s)||Sara Quin, Tegan Quin|
|Tegan and Sara singles chronology|
|Walking with a Ghost|
|EP by The White Stripes|
|Released||December 6, 2005|
|Recorded||June 1, 2005 – August 15, 2005|
|Genre||Alternative rock, garage rock revival|
|The White Stripes chronology|
"Walking with a Ghost" is a song by Tegan and Sara, from their 2004 album So Jealous mostly written by Sara Quin, although credited to both band members, which was released as a single in 2005. The song also appears on the soundtrack for the 2005 movie Monster-in-Law.
"Walking with a Ghost" was also the subject of a popular mashup when Party Ben combined Tegan and Sara's version with Mylo's track "Paris Four Hundred". Renamed "Walking with a Ghost in Paris", the track was so successful that the label considered releasing it officially but Sara rejected the idea.
- "Walking with a Ghost" – 2:30
- "Love Type Thing" – 1:47
The White Stripes coverEdit
All songs by Jack White, except where noted.
- "Walking with a Ghost" (Sara Quin) – 2:47
- "Same Boy You've Always Known" (live) – 3:12
- "As Ugly as I Seem" – 5:04
- "The Denial Twist" (live) – 2:35
- "Screwdriver" (live) – 5:15
- "Shelter of Your Arms" – 3:30 (extra track on the Japanese edition of the EP)
- Tracks three and four recorded live on August 15, 2005 (broadcast September 6, 2005) for Los Angeles' 89.9 KCRW radio show
- Tracks two and five recorded live on June 1, 2005 in Manaus, Brazil; the latter includes a performance of "Passive Manipulation"
- All live tracks also appear as B-sides on singles from the Get Behind Me Satan record.
Only the White Stripes worked on the album. They contributed as follows:
- Jack White - vocals, guitar, piano
- Meg White - drums, bongos, percussion